

Jamie Cantoni:

I'm here.

Mariya Hurwitz:

This is Mariya Hurwitz. This is the regular monthly meeting of the Sherman Library Association Board of Trustees. Today is Tuesday, February 15th, 2022. This meeting is being held remotely via Zoom. I'd like to call the meeting to order at 5:36 PM. As a reminder, please use the raise your hand feature if you have a question or comment so that I may call on you. Please also remember to state your name before you start speaking. This has helped Laura tremendously with the review of the transcripts. Laura, turning over to you for approval of minutes.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Thank you. Laura Jagodzinski, Henry got the change on the coverage for the minute. So Ro and Lauren, thanks in advance for reviewing the minutes. If there are no objections, Henry question?

Henry Cooperman:

No, I was... No.

Laura Jagodzinski:

All right. If there are no objections, I move to approve the minutes from the January 10th regular meeting and the January 19th special meeting.

Barbara Ireland:

Barbara seconds.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Any objections? All right, then there are no objections. The motion is so approved through unanimous consent.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you. This is Mariya.

Laura Jagodzinski:

And sorry for that.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you, Laura. This is Mariya again. Note that I'm going to be moving executive session to the end of our agenda this evening, so that we have time for the full discussion of our public agenda before anybody needs to leave. So our first item on the agenda are the reports. Everybody has submitted their reports in advance, but I'll call on each of you to see if you have anything to add and then if there are any questions. So Jamie, do you have anything to add to your director's report that you submitted?

Jamie Cantoni:

This is Jamie Cantoni. No, Mariya I do not. But does anyone have any questions?

Laura Jagodzinski:

It's Laura and I don't have any questions. I just want to make a comment regarding the move to our new donor management system. So we're using Jamie's selected Neon. So although there's a lot of space in the report about Neon having built systems, implemented systems, data conversion, and everything else. This is a tremendous job. And I just wanted everybody to understand that the work that Jamie is going to have to go through and putting this together is really a lot. Cleaning up all of the data from the old system. It's not an easy conversion where you just take the data from one system and put it into another. So, Jamie, thanks for all you're doing on this.

Jamie Cantoni:

Thank you.

Mariya Hurwitz:

And this is Mariya. Oh, Ro, go ahead and then Dee.

Dee Ratterree:

You're muted Ro.

Mariya Hurwitz:

You're on mute Ro.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Oh, sorry. Wouldn't unmute. Mine is not really related to this topic. So if it's related to the conversion info, then I'll wait.

Dee Ratterree:

Mine is...

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Go ahead Dee.

Dee Ratterree:

Mine is simply, is there anything that people on the board can do to help Jamie do the conversion? I mean, there's... Can you assign us stupid stuff and we'll do it?

Jamie Cantoni:

Not at this time. However, right now I'm reviewing some of the data crosswalks and cleaning up of the data. But if I do come across anything, thank you very much. I will let folks know.

Dee Ratterree:

Just to understand that, you haven't just said data crosswalks to me. I went, what the xxxx is that? I may not be any help. Oh, sorry. This is Dee Ratterree swearing at the meeting. Okay. Oops. No, I didn't mean to do that. Nope. Didn't mean to do that.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Ro, go ahead.

Ro D'Ostilio:

This is Rosemarie or Ro. My question had to do with Mango. I went on there. I saw at the end of your report you talked about Mango and redoing it. So I went on the website and I can't find it on the website. So I don't know where it is on the website. So I don't know if that's part of the problem with getting people to use it. Just wanted to throw that out there just as a heads up.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yes. Thank you. It is difficult to find all of our online services are... But as it says in the report, I have started working with Mango and how we can better advertise it. And I've met with Charlotte Svetkey our Children's Services Coordinator. And I created her a sub login so that she can start utilizing features like they have. They don't have just language training. They have specific programs such say, the World Cup is being held in Brazil you can... They have little things where it says, learn some fun ways to cheer on your team in Brazilian Portuguese and stuff like that.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Right. But what I'm saying, like as a consumer I was unable to even find where to sign up for it on the website. Like I couldn't... I didn't see Mango anywhere. And I'm sure I missed it, but under the drop-downs I couldn't figure out where it was. And then once I explored them all, I still couldn't find it.

Jamie Cantoni:

Okay. Well, thank you for that feedback. And I will consider that when we're figuring out how to make it more visible.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Yeah.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Laura, did you have a... Oh no.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I did.

Mariya Hurwitz:

You did have a question. Okay, go ahead.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Yeah. It that's another comment. I like the format for the programming report. It's just a lot easier to follow for me.

Jamie Cantoni:

Thank you.

Laura Jagodzinski:

The chart as opposed the text.

Mariya Hurwitz:

And this is... Oh, Barb, go ahead.

Barbara Ireland:

The financials we're going to deal with under financial report rather than-

Mariya Hurwitz:

That's correct.

Barbara Ireland:

... in the director's report. Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

That's correct. This is Mariya that comes under the treasurer's report. Anybody else? I have one comment if everybody else is done. This is Mariya again, just in the vein of calling out work. Jamie, I know you and I have talked a bunch about this, but the effort to try to negotiate and get us a better electricity rate was excellent. And that will save us probably a few thousand maybe over the year. So anything you save is great, but that's substantial, so thank you.

Jamie Cantoni:

Thank you.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Good job.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Let me go back to my notes here. Okay. So next on the agenda was the secretary report. You had nothing to report at the time. The package was sent out Laura. Do you have anything now to add?

Laura Jagodzinski:

I have nothing to add.

Mariya Hurwitz:

And any questions for Laura, for the secretary? Okay. And then Henry, we have several different topics for you. Treasurer investment committee and nominating. I know you didn't have a nominating committee report, but go ahead. If you have anything to add to treasurers or investment committee.

Henry Cooperman:

No, I don't. Except that the market was up today. So thank God. I was just trying to pull the number for today, but I couldn't get to it. I don't have a second computer. But no, I don't have anything else to add.

This is Henry Cooperman, there's nothing else I'm nominating. The investment committee, as stated, we lost one of our original members, Bill Garrison, great guy. Helen and Bill were very good, big... very generous donors to the library over the years and will be sorely missed. And the investment committee did meet in January. There were several changes that were... a couple of changes that were made. And the Vanguard account is in a healthy state.

Dee Ratterree:

Did you just go the...

Mariya Hurwitz:

Dee this is Mariya. We can't hear you. We still can't hear you.

Dee Ratterree:

I didn't want you to. I was talking to my husband. I didn't say anything bad, but...

Henry Cooperman:

Roger, did you want to say something?

Barbara Ireland:

Yes. I'm sorry people, I can't find the raise your hand feature on Roger's computer. But in any event, Henry, I had a question and it's only a matter... It's like a technical question. Under building reserve in the financials, year to date we show 2,500 that we spent. Then in the year to date actual through December 21st, we show 25,000 O7O. Now I know that this includes the HVAC system, the excavation for the charging system. So is some of that attributable to the grant? And is any of that capital money?

Henry Cooperman:

Mariya, maybe you can help answer that.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Sure. Yep. This is Mariya Hurwitz. So nothing in there should be attributable to the grant. Most of these items will end up being capitalized. I'm not sure off the top of my head Barb about painting, whether that's capitalizable also. Yeah.

Barbara Ireland:

That's great [crosstalk 00:10:46].

Mariya Hurwitz:

But I think a lot of this will be capitalized when the accountant does the year end financials.

Barbara Ireland:

Okay. So for the purposes of reporting in the future, I guess I'm just exploring this because we are looking for ways to show capital in a different way, right?

Mariya Hurwitz:

Mm-hmm (affirmative). Yeah. Yes. Right. So this is Mariya again. So in the way that we presented the budget to the town in which we broke out capital, we'll have to figure out because this current year we didn't do that, but we could. And I don't even know that we budget budgeted any. Actually I know that we didn't budget capital at the... We have approved some items for capital through special meetings, but we didn't budget capital items when we created the 21, 22 budget. So we could break it out. But the supplemental schedule for capital will show zero budget and a large number for actuals if that makes sense. Yeah.

Barbara Ireland:

Okay. Thank you.

Mariya Hurwitz:

No problem.

Henry Cooperman:

Yes. This is Henry Cooperman again. Just one other item I wanted to share is that I did want to give a shout out to membership committee, done an outstanding job. Our membership income year to date was \$30,635 versus a budget of 17 five, so that was a great job.

Mariya Hurwitz:

All right. Thank you, Henry. Okay. Any other questions for any of Henry's reports? Okay. For fundraising, I know Laura and Ro submitted reporting. Does anybody... Do you have anything to add either Laura or Ro to your reports? We'll start with Laura and then questions for Laura and then we'll move to Ro.

Laura Jagodzinski:

The only thing I would like to note at this point is I'm going to ask the COVID committee to get together again to talk about whether or not we would check vaccine status at the door. I'm just getting some input that's saying that we should take a little bit of time to rethink that decision. I think it's fine for our marketing, for the save the date to go out as we discuss so that vaccines are required and that will follow code protocol. But I think for the actual ticket, I think it's worthwhile having another conversation about checking vaccine status at the door.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Laura, this is Mariya. Do you have a timeframe that you'd like to recommend the committee meet to have that discussion [crosstalk 00:13:43]?

Laura Jagodzinski:

I was intending to send an email out earlier, but I didn't. I'm hoping within... If everybody agrees that we can send the save the date out as is, then we don't have to rush to do it in the next week. We could do it in two weeks I'd say.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yeah. I agree.

Barbara Ireland:

I agree.

Laura Jagodzinski:

All right. So I'll send an email out looking for availability so we don't have to do that here.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you.

Laura Jagodzinski:

All right. And Barb, I'll shoot you a text first to know your travel schedule.

Barbara Ireland:

Well, I'm going to be on the road starting Monday, so-

Laura Jagodzinski:

Monday, already. Okay.

Barbara Ireland:

... I've got a meeting in like 10 days. I'll just go with the flow whenever you decide.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Okay, fine. All right. I'll send an email out shortly.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Any other questions for Laura? Okay. Ro, did you have anything to add to the DuckFest report?

Ro D'Ostilio:

No, just that it's unfortunate, but we are going to move it to September, although I think that might be better. I think Lauren has her hand up.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Oh, Lauren. Yes.

Lauren Kenney:

This is Lauren Kenney. I'm sorry I didn't submit a report, but I just wanted to give a quick update on the golf event.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. One second. So thanks. Let me just, did anybody have any questions for Ro on the DuckFest? And then I'll turn it over to Lauren, if not. Okay. All right. Thanks. Go ahead, Lauren.

Lauren Kenney:

This is Lauren Kenny. So the save the date is finally ready to go out. With everybody's approval, we used their pictures in the little save the date. We're just waiting Jamie for when we can say the tickets will be available.

Jamie Cantoni:

So that's actually, save the date is just a notification to let people know that we're holding the event and it's going to be on the calendar. It's not the place to announce ticket sales.

Lauren Kenney:

Well, I don't agree. We have on the bottom tickets will be available soon. If we could just put a date, I think that would be better or say tickets available now that would even be best.

Jamie Cantoni:

Well, if it's tickets available now, then it's not a save the date. It's an event announcement.

Lauren Kenney:

Okay, if you want to call it that.

Jamie Cantoni:

So if you want to skip save the date and just have it be an event announcement we can do that.

Lauren Kenney:

That's fine.

Jamie Cantoni:

Okay. Then we will do that.

Lauren Kenney:

I mean, it's already written on the save the date. It's just a technicality. I mean, it's telling people way ahead of the date, which I think is a good idea. It's not until June or July.

Jamie Cantoni:

It's June.

Lauren Kenney:

June. But if we have to write be available soon, then I would have to send another email telling people, okay, now tickets are available. And I know people will buy tickets now if they are available now.

Mariya Hurwitz:

This is Mariya. Does anybody... I mean, we have a couple options. We could to talk about it now in more detail. We can just have another... have a fundraising meeting in the near future where the details get discussed. Or I can just have Lauren and Jamie work on it on their own.

Dee Ratterree:

I think we have a fundraising committee coming up meeting.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay.

Irit Granger:

Not till March, right?

Laura Jagodzinski:

It's too far out. Yeah.

Lauren Kenney:

Yeah. I mean, ready to go. I think the sooner the better. There's no harm in letting people know before they make summer vacation plans.

Irit Granger:

I think you can send the save the date card out Lauren without knowing when the tickets will be ready.

Lauren Kenney:

I can do that. Yeah. Okay.

Irit Granger:

When will the tickets be ready?

Jamie Cantoni:

I'm working on that in Neon, that's part of the conversion.

Irit Granger:

Oh, I see. So we have to wait on that. Uh-huh (affirmative).

Lauren Kenney:

All right.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Laura.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Yes. So since we want to use Neon to be able to take the tickets, it helps us a lot better to use our donor management system to register for these events because it automatically flows through the rest of our systems so it's much more efficient. So I think if we can just find out from Jamie. The Neon implementation is an aggressive schedule. So if we could just find out from Jamie what's practical, let's do that. For the soirée we have targeted a press release, a save the date to go out on March 7th and for ticket sales to be available on the 1st week in April. I don't remember the exact date right now.

Jamie Cantoni:

It's April 1st.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Okay. April 1st. So we wanted be able to take payments and sell tickets April 1st. So the only question is whether or not Jamie would be able to move that up earlier for the golf, or we just go with April 1st.

Jamie Cantoni:

I can move it up earlier for golf. We won't be... I mean, right now I'm doing work in Neon. I'm working on the event registration forms and building those and putting those together. So it's not as though I'm not thinking of everyone else's events and actively working on them and trying to help bring them to life. But we won't be fully in Neon until let's see, is the 15th, maybe at best three weeks, ideally no later than four weeks. So that would put us in the March 7th through 11th.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Lauren, I'll call on you because Mariya is busy writing.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I'm sorry. I'm writing notes.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Lauren.

Lauren Kenney:

So Neon, is this the way to pay? I don't really understand what it is. Okay.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yep. It's everything. And this will also be extremely beneficial to us. In future years it'll make posting things about events easier, everything relating to the event easier. It will make tracking previous participants easier. It'll make it a lot easier when we are trying to cultivate donors and sitting down with them one on one, which is something that we need to move into. And talking about ways that they have interacted with the library previously and trying to get them to give to their fullest potential as we like to say.

Dee Ratterree:

Interact better [inaudible 00:20:52].

Laura Jagodzinski:

It's Laura. I just want to add that it's an integrated system. So instead of going to our website and then going to square and then manually having to take the information from a square purchase and then enter it into the donor system and enter it into QuickBooks, you go onto the website and all of that stuff happens in an integrated fashion behind the scenes. So it's better if we can push it off a couple of weeks to make that happen.

Lauren Kenney:

Right. Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Hey.

Dee Ratterree:

Irit has her hand up.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Oh, I can't see. I have to put it on gallery. I'm sorry. Irit, go ahead.

Irit Granger:

This is Irit. I just wanted to... If the save the date for the golf event is ready to go, would it be safe since we're now in mid February, would it be safe to say tickets will be on sale March 14th?

Lauren Kenney:

Maybe we just say soon.

Irit Granger:

Or mid-March. If you're happy with just saying soon that's great Lauren.

Lauren Kenney:

I know.

Irit Granger:

I was trying to help-

Lauren Kenney:

Yeah. I know.

Irit Granger:

... satisfy your concern.

Lauren Kenney:

Right. I don't know. It depends. It's okay to say... And when they are available we'll send out an email saying they're available now so then people can go and buy.

Irit Granger:

Yeah. Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Any other questions for any of the fundraising topics? Okay. This is Mariya again. Thank you. John I know you didn't submit a programming report, but do you have anything you want to bring up now and...

John Ehrenreich:

Why don't I just do this? Oh, wait. Here we go. Yeah. Well, I'm sorry for not having gotten in the report. We met, we talked about adult programming and children's programming and some brief thoughts about them. But basically we're deferring most kind of more formal recommendations until the survey is done. We're thinking of that for the summer. We had some discussion about what the best way to do it is. And the next immediate step is, we're scheduled to meet in the middle of March and I'm going to put together a draft survey to distribute for us to talk about.

John Ehrenreich:

And basically we would like to get Jamie and Charlotte and so forth to make recommendations about information they would like to get from the community that we can feed into that process. One of the constraints is clearly going to be that we don't want to make this thing too long. It can't be totally the voluminous, people just won't do it. So we have to be kind of strategic about what we ask. So any thoughts, not just Jamie and Charlotte, but any board members as well, if they're particular things that you feel like it would really be valuable to know in terms of planning in the next year or two, let me know. That's it.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you. Questions for John. Okay. This is Mariya again. I'm going to move us to the unfinished business section of the agenda. So I had mentioned at our January meeting that I wanted us to think about and be prepared to discuss at the February meeting tonight about the start time of our meetings or our regularly scheduled monthly board meetings. I know that 5:30, we used to be like 7:00, 7:30, then that wasn't great. I think it interrupted dinner time for some people or it just went too late into the evening. So then we moved it to 5:30, but now we have quite a few board members who work like more of a 9:00 to 5:00 kind of job or 9:00 to 6:00 kind of job, have children in sports, et cetera.

Mariya Hurwitz:

And the 5:30 meeting time doesn't work for a lot of people. And Jeff was the one that initially raised the issue. He couldn't be here tonight, but he shared with me that if we could start our meetings at 6:30 or 7:00, that would greatly free him up to be able to regularly participate. So I know I'm just opening this up for discussion, people's thoughts about the meeting start time. Henry.

Henry Cooperman:

Yeah. Hi, this is Henry Cooperman. Well, two items that go with this. We used to do our meetings at seven o'clock and we used to do them in-person. And if we're doing social events that we're trying to get together socially as a group, I can't see why we cannot meet in-person as a board in the barn like we do at people's homes. And I'm good with seven o'clock, that's when we used to do it. And as long as they don't go all night, I'm in, I'm good.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay.

Henry Cooperman:

So I'd like to see if everybody else is comfortable maybe moving to meet in-person again.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Dee.

Dee Ratterree:

I'm comfortable with seven o'clock at the barn. And I'm not necessarily comfortable with meeting in-person. So that will not work for me.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Is it... Okay. All right. If you want to elaborate, go ahead. Otherwise, Laura, what are your...

Dee Ratterree:

One, is I can't see to drive at night. Let's start there.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay.

Dee Ratterree:

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Laura.

Laura Jagodzinski:

It's Laura. I'm fine with 7:00.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Do you have thoughts about continuing on Zoom versus or how we previously?

Laura Jagodzinski:

I think at this point I'm okay if it's us in the barn. I think we have to think through some provisions. I know we have not had people joining our meeting, but we have to take that into consideration in our planning. So I think I would probably go back to the COVID committee to say, what our guidelines are. I just forgotten off the top of my head. I think our guidelines are, we would need to be masked in the barn and socially distanced.

Jamie Cantoni:

Max capacity in the barn right now masked is 10 people just for everyone's information.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Max capacity is 10 masked people in the barn. Okay.

Dee Ratterree:

I'll stay home.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. And that's... Excuse me. I'm sorry. This is Mariya. Jamie that is based on the original guidelines that we drew up when we first created guidelines. Okay. Yes. So it may be something. Laura, you're not... You're saying no.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I'd like to go back and look at it. I thought we were... we could easily accommodate 12 people in like a table kinds of environment. And if we had like rowed seating, I think we were able to accommodate up to 21, but it was all masked.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I see.

Laura Jagodzinski:

So I think when we set the guidelines up, it was, we could accommodate the board in a... Not around one table. We'd have to be like around four tables. Barb, I see you shaking your head. So I'm just going to turn it over to Barb.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Lauren also has her hand raised. Go ahead.

Barbara Ireland:

I agree with that. Those are the numbers Laura. I was just thinking the governor will be lifting the mask mandate on February the 28th, as I understand it. They voted to do that. And so I think the COVID committee needs to meet anyway because we need to talk about the impact of that. I'm fine with most meeting times. I don't really care. But I will say this Dee-

Dee Ratterree:

You can go on.

Barbara Ireland:

... if you need a ride, as long as I can do it, I will pick you up and take you home.

Dee Ratterree:

Thank you so much.

Barbara Ireland:

So don't let that be a hindrance. Now, I may have a hindrance in April doing that since I'm having knee surgery in July.

Dee Ratterree:

Knee surgery. Yeah.

Barbara Ireland:

Yeah. But discounting April, I can come get you anytime. Okay?

Dee Ratterree:

Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Lauren.

Lauren Kenney:

Seven o'clock is good with me. I personally don't see the point of having a meeting in-person if we have to wear a mask.

Dee Ratterree:

I'm with you, Lauren. This is Dee Ratterree and I agree with Lauren.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. I think... This is Mariya my opinion on it, if we're stating opinions is if we can accomplish something via Zoom, that's a great way to accomplish things. It frees up a lot of people to have a more balanced life. But if there is a really good reason to meet in-person, we have to consider the benefits of that as well. I think I've just spent the past two years working full-time on Zoom and have found it to be very productive. And there is nothing other than shaking somebody's hand that I can't do on Zoom. But I am fine meeting in-person as well. I don't have an objection to that. I just, I think we need to like make sure we understand the benefits of one versus the other.

Dee Ratterree:

I'd just like to think.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Irit.

Irit Granger:

This is Irit. First of all, I'm good with seven o'clock as well. And I'm good with meeting in-person if that was what was decided. I would like to suggest that Zoom is efficient and it would be helpful to everyone to have that extra time at home. But maybe designate four times a year or however many times because I do think in-person camaraderie is very important. It bonds us more especially when it comes to planning big events, like the soiree or the gala especially, Zoom is efficient. But there's nothing like human contact to make us all feel like we are united together to support the library and the community.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Thanks. I think that's true. Thank you for that. Ro.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Oh, sorry. My mute button is shaky tonight. I don't know what's going on there. I agree with what Irit just said. I can see the benefits of Zoom. And I actually think for my family, it works better because I'm here to put my child to sleep when I have to put her to sleep after the meeting. Whereas it doesn't work as easy if I'm physically at the library to get back in time. I do. The seven o'clock meeting works better because at dinner time and all of that. And I think it does work better for the people who have younger kids on the committee.

Ro D'Ostilio:

So I'm okay with seven. I like the idea of having some in-person meetings though because there is that camaraderie. And I know personally that when I joined the board, it was in-person and it was great. There was a real sense... Like I got to know everyone. And you get a different feel because you can see everyone. This Zoom I only have a connection with everyone because I've already met everyone. But I know like Caitlin and Jeff, they haven't. They've only met everyone once or twice, which makes it much more different to have that bonding.

Mariya Hurwitz:

John. Oh, sorry Ro. Did I cut you off?

Ro D'Ostilio:

No.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. John.

John Ehrenreich:

Yeah. I agree completely with both RO and Irit. I think that having at least some meetings face to face is really important to maintain the momentum of the group and a sense of the group. And I guess what it lacks in sort of technical efficiency, I think it gains in some larger sense of efficiency over the course of time. Anyhow, nothing more to say other than I agree.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. Okay. Thank you. Dee.

Dee Ratterree:

I just want to mention that for instance tonight, we don't have Caitlin and we don't have Jeff because they have little kids. And coming to a meeting. I love the idea of doing it four times a year say, but I don't think every meeting should be in-person. Zoom is so efficient and Barb wouldn't have to pick me up.

Ro D'Ostilio:

This is Ro and I would pick you up too Dee. You live right around the corner. I will pick you up [crosstalk 00:34:56].

Dee Ratterree:

Okay. Thank you Ro.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Yeah. No problem.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. So I don't see any hands raised, but feel free to raise them again. So it sounds like everybody is okay with seven. That everybody that's present is okay with seven. So in terms of coming up with a schedule of meeting in-person, because it sounds like that's sort of almost unanimous. People would see the benefit of having at least some of our meetings. How do we want to figure that out? Do we want the secretary to propose some dates? Do we want the board strength strategy committee to propose some dates? Like we need to come up with some dates that we would propose meeting in-person. And we probably need a COVID committee just to do a review of any protocols and if we need to update anything in order to accommodate meeting in the barn.

Dee Ratterree:

So we have to... This is Dee Ratterree. So this cannot be decided at this meeting. This has to... The COVID committee has to meet and report back. I mean, we can't figure this out yet.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yep. That's definitely a next step. Barb, you're on mute just so you know.

Dee Ratterree:

Barb, we can't hear you. Turn off your mute.

Barbara Ireland:

Thank you. I would agree that this is something for the COVID committee to talk about. But from a practical standpoint, I would think if we want to have four meetings at least a year together, that it does not make sense to have them during the worst weather nights.

Dee Ratterree:

Good point.

Barbara Ireland:

That would be an automatic Zoom. We have Zoom during worst weather.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah.

Barbara Ireland:

So we go from there. That's all I have to say. Thank you.

Dee Ratterree:

So then it would be three meetings unless you want to join them in.

Irit Granger:

This is Irit. I was just going to say the same thing. It doesn't have to be four times a year. That could be a little bit too much. Maybe two or three.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Two or three. Okay. And also committees when you guys get together to meet, you could opt to meet in-person as well, which I think some of you might do already at the library.

Irit Granger:

I guess the next COVID meeting is really the next step to help determine what can and can't be done, right?

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Yes, Laura.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I was going to say for the purposes of today's meeting, I think the one thing that we can decide on is if we want to change it from 5:30 to 7:30 to 7:00 to 9:00. I think we can make that decision. We clearly have a quorum. So I would suggest we do that.

Dee Ratterree:

7:30 or 7:00?

Irit Granger:

7:00.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I'm sorry from 5:30 to 7:00. It's currently 5:30 to 7:30. Change it to 7:00 to 9:00.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay.

Laura Jagodzinski:

And then I think a couple of people can just get together. If we have the COVID committee, some of the trustees can propose some dates. And maybe the dates are really based on weather, could be based on whatever is on the agenda.

Dee Ratterree:

Flexible.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Mm-hmm (affirmative).

Mariya Hurwitz:

So shall I make a motion to... Okay. I'd like to make a motion that starting with our March monthly board meeting that the start time is moved to 7:00 PM. Do I have unanimous consent? Any objections?

Laura Jagodzinski:

You've got a seconder.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Oh, I need a second. May I have a second please?

Irit Granger:

Irit second.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Thank you Irit.

Dee Ratterree:

Object. No.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I'm sorry Dee.

Dee Ratterree:

So do I have to say why?

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yes, please.

Dee Ratterree:

Oh, because it's unbelievably just for me. And this is so selfish, but it's just a terrible time.

Jamie Cantoni:

Is 6:30 a better time?

Henry Cooperman:

That's in the middle of dinner that you're defeating the whole purpose.

Dee Ratterree:

Well, you know what? That's the thing, Henry. 7:00 is the middle of dinner for us. So I don't know. I'll come no matter what.

Henry Cooperman:

Well, let's take-

Dee Ratterree:

Look, it's one night a month. I don't really care that much, but I do want to register kind of what seven o'clock. Yikes.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Well, seven o'clock. I would say that if we... This is Mariya. If we can continue to run our meetings efficiently, submit reports ahead of time, read them ahead of time. We can move through our... Now I know 7:00 PM Dee is your dinner time, but if we could make it happen more quickly and the meetings are not going until two plus hours, we [crosstalk 00:40:00].

Dee Ratterree:

Once a month. I just wanted to register a voice, but I'm not going to vote against it if everybody wants it.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Any other comments? Okay. So yes, Barb.

Dee Ratterree:

Unmute yourself, Barb. Barb, Barb, unmute yourself. Go Barb.

Barbara Ireland:

My only concern is that we have two people absent who have young kids in school. And I would like to get some input from them at some point. But you're right Dee, it's only one meeting a month. And maybe they can plan around that. If it's only going to be three months that they have to do this to be there in-person and the rest of the time they're on Zoom, they may be able to plan around it. I don't know. But I would just like to... And Jenn Laviano, I don't know if her kids are still in Sherman's schools or they have pulled out of Sherman's schools.

Dee Ratterree:

I think they're out. James is a page in the library. He got the baby in the building.

Mariya Hurwitz:

He's definitely in high school. I don't know about Melisa.

Barbara Ireland:

Well, that's the only thing. I am fine with whatever we decide.

Irit Granger:

Excuse me, this is Irit. Mariya didn't Jeff tell you when a good time would be. Didn't he say?

Mariya Hurwitz:

Jeff said 6:30 or 7:00 would be ideal.

Irit Granger:

Yeah. So he has two little kids, right? Very much, what? Second graders or thereabouts.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Yeah. They're second, third, I think.

Irit Granger:

And Caitlin's about the same or hers are a little older, but it's still in elementary school, right?

Ro D'Ostilio:

Right.

Dee Ratterree:

Yeah, definitely.

Irit Granger:

So it sounds like seven is a good time for young parents Barb. My dinner time on the other hand is 5:30.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Right. Mine is 8:30.

Dee Ratterree:

And mine is 7:30. No, no, no. Yeah. As soon as Jeopardy is over mine is.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Just to throw it out there, if Jeff said 6:30. 6:30 might be a good compromise for most of us because I know for me as a parent of a young child, her bedtime is 8:30. And I'm pretty sure Jeff and Caitlin's kids are around the same time. So you're able to get to that as well as dinner if it's from 6:30 to 8:30. When you push it to 7:00 and if we meet in-person, we're out of the balance to be able to be there. Yeah. So I don't know if 6:30 to 8:30 works or how anyone else feels about that. But I would like 6:30 for those reasons.

Dee Ratterree:

I agree. This is Dee.

Mariya Hurwitz:

John.

Ro D'Ostilio:

This [crosstalk 00:43:11].

John Ehrenreich:

This is John, I agree too. I mean more-

Mariya Hurwitz:

I prefer 6:30 as well.

John Ehrenreich:

... just out of selfishness that I prefer to have some of my evening left at the end.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. Barb, you're good at 6:30. Okay. I'm going to change my motion. I'd like to make a motion that beginning in our March 2022 regular monthly board meeting the start time be moved to 6:30 PM. May I have a second?

Irit Granger:

Second.

Dee Ratterree:

Second.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I think-

Dee Ratterree:

Irit, you beat me.

Irit Granger:

Well, I was second before the original motion so that would justice.

Mariya Hurwitz:

If no objections, I move to approve through unanimous consent. Approved. Okay. Thank you everybody. Good discussion. All right. This is Mariya again, moving to the new business section of the agenda. Ro, did you have an update on the annual compliance, the conflict of interest in whistleblower acknowledgements?

Ro D'Ostilio:

This is Ro. Thank you everyone for getting your paperwork in on time.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Pretty everyone.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Everyone got their stuff in. And I appreciate it. And then there were no complaints or anything to report that way.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Good. Thank you, Ro.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Thank you.

Mariya Hurwitz:

And next is the use of a personal Zoom account. John had raised the issue. Laura submitted a summary as part of the board package. If everybody read that summary, does anybody have questions, concerns, anything they'd like to raise related to that? Which would basically mean we cannot use personal Zoom accounts. Okay. No discussion. Okay. Laura, were you going to... Laura, go ahead.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Yeah. I have a question. So I'm not sure I follow your conclusion. Are you saying we don't use personal accounts at all? Or we can use a personal account for like a logistics meeting. Our current position is no use of personal Zoom accounts for meetings.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Right. So I think, I'm just going to read in case anybody needs a refresher what Laura submitted just to-

Laura Jagodzinski:

Hopefully I said it right.

Mariya Hurwitz:

... Okay. So John requested the board discuss using personal Zoom account as an option for logistics meetings. As background the committee procedures do not allow personal Zoom accounts. They currently do not allow that. If the meeting is a committee meeting that falls under FOIA, it's public and it needs to be recorded. So if it's held via Zoom, it needs to be recorded under FOIA rules. It was preferable for the recordings to be stored on a known secure device and then directly uploaded for transcription over an encrypted connection. The library has two Zoom accounts available for use. If it's agreed to use personal Zoom accounts for logistics meetings, the procedures will need to be updated to describe the appropriate protocols. Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

So I can see why you're confused with my conclusion Laura. So if we're going to use a personal Zoom account, whoever is using needs to be really clear that they don't fall under FOIA in order to use that personal Zoom account. So we need to be comfortable that everybody is comfortable with knowing whether they do or not. And if it does fall under FOIA, I don't see Laura according to what you wrote, it seems like that would be hard to manage. Recording it and then uploading. Getting that recording and uploading it for library.

Laura Jagodzinski:

You see the procedures are very clear, the circumstances for logistics meetings. So that's all documented and been reviewed. If a personal account is used for that, if we all agree that's okay, then those procedures need to be updated. John.

John Ehrenreich:

I mean, the reason I had suggested this was there were a couple of times back in the fall when between other meetings and other library programs, that it just became a pain to schedule things because Zoom was occupied all the time. And in terms of meetings that require FOIA or that kind of meeting. I mean, my sense wasn't so much that we should do this all the time, but just that it should be available if we needed it. And I think in particular for logistics meetings or the kind of situation where it's a more informal thing. We're not having outside guests coming to it, it's not getting posted. It doesn't have to get recorded and posted and so forth. So it's just a convenience to have that as an option, not as something that might turn out we'd never use it or we'd almost never use it, but it just seemed like it's a useful option to have. So the distinction I would make would be if it's a meeting that has to be advertised or whatever the phrase is.

Irit Granger:

Recorded too.

John Ehrenreich:

Recorded. That we stay with the system we have now. But if it's a logistics meeting and at the discretion of the committee, that they can use a personal Zoom account. But if we don't do it, it's not like it creates a problem every time or anything of that sort. So it's not a major issue, but it has been an issue a couple of times.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Laura.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I would say my preference is to stay with the library Zoom accounts. They're managed by the library. We have a little bit more control over that. If it gets to the point again where we have trouble scheduling meetings scheduling Zoom sessions because we don't have enough Zoom accounts. And I would say, we go and look at either getting another Zoom account or we put a process in place that says it needs to be approved by the executive committee either the president or the secretary.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Dee. You're on mute now.

John Ehrenreich:

You're muted.

Dee Ratterree:

I'm not anymore. Hello. If we have a calendar of events that are being Zoomed so that people can fit themselves in, that would be very helpful. Not that I Zoom anybody, but just a thought.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. I don't think that's a... I think that's a great idea. It's [crosstalk 00:50:43].

Dee Ratterree:

Is it too hard?

Mariya Hurwitz:

Well, it's not even hard. It's like whose plate so we add the management of that calendar to.

Dee Ratterree:

Yeah. And I guess I was only thinking of us and not a programming and how that intersects with our stuff. So it's probably totally useless.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I don't recall the price for... I think I have a personal Zoom account. And then, but like when I meet with Jamie weekly we use my president, the SL board Zoom account. I think it's like 1499 a month. It's just not that much money to get another Zoom account. I feel like that's a super accessible solution if we're running up against this [crosstalk 00:51:25].

Dee Ratterree:

I move, yeah.

Barbara Ireland:

Yeah. Barbara speaking, I agree. I think it's better to have another Zoom account because where you get in the weeds on this is... And we have to plan for the future. We can't just go with what we're doing today is, who does make the decision whether or not it's a logistic meeting? Even though we have that written down in a policy, there may be some gray areas that we're not anticipating well. And so I think we're better off because of our history with FOIA because we did have a violation that was not even recognized for a number of years by the board. I think we're better off to stick with the library sponsored Zoom accounts. I would like some more time to think about if there could be an exception to that and how you would do it. But I would think for now I would rather buy another account so there's not this conflict.

John Ehrenreich:

So this may be completely a moot point. I think the time that we were having a little trouble scheduling things was when the various strategic planning meetings were going on. And so we had seven committees or whatever it was that were trying to meet more than once a month on top of the other committees on top up of various library events and programs that were on Zoom. And particularly if we get to a point where some meetings are going to be face to face, whether they're committee meetings or whether they're program meetings, the log jam may... We may have passed the log jam. It may be a completely irrelevant issue. So at the point when I raised it may have been in the midst of crisis. But so I have no objection to our sort of pushing it aside for now. And if we start having that trouble again then thinking about should we get a second library account or something in that sort?

Mariya Hurwitz:

This is Mariya. I think that's a reasonable approach. Any other thoughts or comments on that? Because if not, then what we're going to do is just park the issue for the moment and see if it comes up. And sounds like everybody would be in agreement if we start to hit this log jam that we would purchase

another account, a third account for the library. Okay. All right. So let's move on... Let me find my notes again. All right. So annual meeting planning. So Laura and I went through... She did a comprehensive document capturing everything that's taken place, the history, the screenshots of announcements, everything related to annual meeting planning. She has very comprehensive documentation included in that documentation is a timeline of the work that needs to be done. What needs to happen in this month. In this month I [inaudible 00:54:38].

Mariya Hurwitz:

So Laura, I know I thanked you, but I want to publicly thank you. Amazing job. I know, I know. Amazing job of putting that together. And so in February, we need to decide, we need to address if there are any fundamental matters that we would want, that we would be bringing before our membership at our October annual meeting. February is what we felt was the reasonable amount of time that if something was raised, if we needed to deal with something, we could be able to do our due diligence, get legal support, et cetera. So just as a reminder, Laura, correct me if I'm wrong, fundamental matters are changes to bylaws, changes to certificate of incorporation. Anything else following [crosstalk 00:55:30]?

Laura Jagodzinski:

Dissolving the association, asset acquisition or disposal.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. So Laura and-

Laura Jagodzinski:

[crosstalk 00:55:41].

Mariya Hurwitz:

... Sorry, I cut you off.

Laura Jagodzinski:

It's Laura. The timeline was based on the last time we had fundamental matters for the board to approve and we needed time to prepare FAQs to explain what the changes were, why we made the changes. And hold sessions with members so they had an opportunity to ask questions and inform them of what we was changing and why it was changing. So if we were to have fundamental matters, we want to be able to start planning for that in the February, March timeframe.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you. This is Mariya. So Laura and I or between the two of us didn't identify any fundamental matters. But part of the procedure is to bring it to the board. And if there is any issue, fundamental matter that anybody is aware of that wants to discuss, that this is the time to raise it. No, I know nobody has come to me with anything nor to Laura.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Okay.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I can't tell whether you guys are deep and thought or my screen is frozen.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Mariya it's Laura. Let me pose the question this way. Is anybody aware of any changes that they want to make to the bylaws or certificate of incorporation to be presented to the board for a vote... to be presented to the membership for a vote in October. Anybody aware of it, a change? Henry.

Henry Cooperman:

Just my one question. Do we need to include that we continue to have the... I think it's great that we want to continue to do meetings by Zoom. Do we need to include that at all in the bylaws?

Laura Jagodzinski:

No.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I don't think so.

Laura Jagodzinski:

No. Whether the meetings are held in-person or remotely is really covered on... The bylaws state or... Sorry, not the bylaws, CRNCA, which is the governance of which the library is incorporated. That specifies that meetings need to be held at the library. The governor through executive order has made changes that say you're allowed to have them remotely. So what we would do once we at some point and I don't know where on the schedule of the timeline for planning for the annual meeting, we would make a decision as to whether or not the meeting would be held in-person or the meeting would be held remotely. But that is a decision that is on the timeline.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. I don't recall what month it is either.

Laura Jagodzinski:

I'm thinking it's probably March.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Barb.

Barbara Ireland:

I think maybe we need another month to think about if there's any changes to the bylaws. They're probably are not. There might be one or two little ones and we might want to think about how we do that logistically. But I think for annual meetings, I think it's really important for the membership to be able to get together. So I would discourage Zoom for annual meetings unless we have to.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Mm-hmm (affirmative). Okay.

Barbara Ireland:

Thank you.

Laura Jagodzinski:

All right. So-

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yes. I mean, for sure. Sorry, Laura. I was just going to say, if you've come up with something. If you think of something. If there's an issue you want to raise that you believe is a fundamental matter, just because February has passed doesn't mean you don't bring it to the board to discuss. So we just would make an assessment whether we had the time and whether there was a sense of urgency needing to address it in a shorter time period or whether it could be moved to the next year. Laura, are you okay with what I just said?

Laura Jagodzinski:

... Mm-hmm (affirmative).

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Henry.

Henry Cooperman:

I'm sorry. I just need to leave. Thank you everybody for... I just need...

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. Thank you. Thanks for sticking around. Okay, Mariya again, but I am turning it over to our executive director Jamie for facilities update.

Jamie Cantoni:

Okay. Hi everybody. So for those who might not know it was February, I think fourth, that one of the library techs said that their office felt cold and they looked at the thermostat and it was showing a blinking set of letters and then a blinking set of numbers. So I called our HVAC technician and we talked over the phone and the earliest that they could come out was on a Saturday and they looked at it. And at first they thought a compressor may have failed, but on further inspection they believe that it's the electrical board relating to the compressor. Because even though the code says that the compressor failed, there is no actual evidence of that. So in the interim, they have created a workaround to move some of that workload from the portion of the unit that is not working to another portion so that heat has been restored to the areas of the building that were not getting heat. But this brought up well, some issues relating to expenses for the HVAC system and how we would like to proceed.

Jamie Cantoni:

And I didn't have it in my report because I just got most of them today. But I can give you a little more of an update than was included in your packet regarding the system. So our system is an LG system. And so with these systems it's a lot like having an Apple phone or a Samsung phone. You can't take your Samsung phone to the Apple store. You can only bring your Apple phone there. So we had a company

that was servicing our unit, but they weren't LG certified. And so we moved. And our current service provider is LG certified, but it's very specific.

Jamie Cantoni:

And so one of the questions... Sorry. The total to remove and replace the compressor board that our service provider estimates is \$2,251.41. And our service provider is a very... is someone who exercises a lot of caution. He said, if the compressor is bad after replacing the board, he suggests a full outdoor unit replacement as the cost to remove and replace a compressor in addition to the compressor board at this point would not be a financially sound move. Our unit is 10 years old. The average lifetime of these units is 20 years. So we're about halfway through. And that's the point at which they recommend starting to budget two to \$5,000 a year for maintenance and upkeep before replacement.

Jamie Cantoni:

So there are two specific people at the LG factory that are working with our service provider to determine what the cost of replacement would be in the event that that was found to be the case. And we don't have those numbers quite yet. I had to send them specs from the units today for their engineers to review. Replacing the compressor would be five and a half to \$7,000, which we know because that was this same cost as it was to replace the last compressor. And this is again should no additional issues occur after that. However, all that being said our current provider's assessment of the system is that they do believe it's a healthy and well maintained system and that it does have a decent 10 more years of life.

Jamie Cantoni:

So that is the most recent update as of today from our service provider. In your packet you received a facility's timeline that tells you everything that has gone on with the HVAC system since 2018. So you can see that there have been some repairs. And the one compressor did have to be replaced. And then there's also the financial reports that show maintenance to the system from 2019 to present, which all totaled in terms of HVAC was \$19,703.89. So if anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them, or you guys would like to start discussing the system.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Just real quick, Jamie, that 19,000... I'm sorry. I'm scrolling through the spreadsheet. That 19,000 included the annual maintenance plan amount.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yes.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. So not true, not all maintenance costs some of it was like an insurance policy or a maintenance plan or.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yeah. A maintenance plan. Yep.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I'm sorry. I'll call on people. Irit, go ahead.

Irit Granger:

Jamie. Do we know if the compressor that was replaced was the same age as the compressor you're speaking of now that may not need replacement?

Jamie Cantoni:

The compressor that was replaced was actually a little younger than the current compressor because every element of the unit was put in at the same time. So this one just happened to last a little longer.

Irit Granger:

Oh. So even though it has a 20 year lifetime sort of lifespan, this one went much sooner.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yeah. And that's to be expected.

Irit Granger:

I'm just clarifying. I'm not questioning it.

Jamie Cantoni:

Oh no. It's okay.

Irit Granger:

The electric board is definitely the problem or that's just what they think is the problem.

Jamie Cantoni:

He thinks that the electrical board has definitely failed. He does not think that the compressor that it serves has failed.

Irit Granger:

Right.

Jamie Cantoni:

But he...

Irit Granger:

Even though he is getting the warning that it's the compressor from the system.

Jamie Cantoni:

From the electrical board. Mm-hmm (affirmative).

Irit Granger:

Was the electrical board something that [inaudible 01:07:21] had anything to do with, or just the LG... just the HVAC people?

Jamie Cantoni:

I'm sorry. Can you ask that question again?

Irit Granger:

Was the electrical board that's there, was it our electrician that put it in or was it someone associated with the HVAC company?

Jamie Cantoni:

No, it's part of the HVAC system. It's one of the components of the... Yeah.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Barb, but you're on mute.

Barbara Ireland:

I continue to have questions about this whole system. And thank you for trying to wade through this Jamie. I think it's an enormous task. I'm remembering now, not too long before you came on board. One of the boards failed. Okay?

Jamie Cantoni:

Mm-hmm (affirmative).

Barbara Ireland:

And we had a board installed that had been sitting around in the warehouse somewhere for a couple of years. Okay. That's not this board, right? [crosstalk 01:08:26].

Jamie Cantoni:

That's a completely different. Yeah. So that, what you're thinking of is actually a control panel that goes inside in the office. This is part of one of those. We have two primary units outside the library and then they have backup units. So there's four units, but it's really two pairs. And so what we're dealing with right now is one of those primary units has in the last, I'd say year and a half had elements within it or components within it that have started to wear out and need to be replaced.

Barbara Ireland:

Well, this is one of those situations where I feel personally like I'm a totally at the mercy of whatever they tell me because I have no clue about any of these systems. And I hate making decisions that way. And I don't know if there's a person who's an expert on this kind of thing that we could hire to come in and tell us to get an outside opinion. Or even if it costs us a thousand dollars to do that, it might be worth it because \$19,000 is a lot of money. And I'm just uncomfortable with all of these.

Barbara Ireland:

We knew that the honeymoon was over in terms of the new building, that it was going to start to be over soon because the new it was what? 2014. So we're pretty much beyond the newness of some of these appliances and systems. So we're going to have to make more difficult decisions like this. Like I said, I don't know if there's somebody who's an expert that we can have come in and look at this and tell us what they think we should do that is to be done that is totally impartial.

Jamie Cantoni:

Or at least one second opinion, right?

Barbara Ireland:

We would... I think we need a second opinion or something because it's a lot of money that we're looking at.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yes.

Barbara Ireland:

I don't know. Does anybody else on the board have any expertise in this? I certainly don't.

Jamie Cantoni:

One of the issues that we had in the past, which is why I started with mentioning that this is an LG system. Is that each of the different brands-

Ro D'Ostilio:

LG system.

Jamie Cantoni:

... Ro?

Barbara Ireland:

I think she's probably talking to somebody.

Jamie Cantoni:

Okay. So the reason I mentioned that was because all of these are units. All the different brands are very specialized and the people who serve them only learn their one brand. And for some reason the folks that we had who were our servicers B and D are not trained or not experts in LG. And that's why we had some of the issues we had. And then Ashley went and found someone who was an expert because it got to the point where B and D would come out and they would say, we don't know. And they would shrug their shoulders. And she is going, "Well, you're costing us a lot of money for no answers." And so it's my understanding that Luke [Chaps 01:12:04] who works for, I-H-V-A-C is one of the only LG specialists for quite a large radius.

Jamie Cantoni:

So I can try and find another one. He's very wonderful. He's the kind of person where if I said, we need a second opinion who's another LG expert. He would try to work with us on that. He is very... Sure this is his business. But he is very conscientious of the fact that we don't have any extra dollars to spend. And that's why he is really going the extra mile and trying to get the LG engineers to look at our system specs and say, what really is the best option for this institution? And if we do have to replace or if we choose to replace the system that we have, does it have to be a one for one replacement? Is there anything that we can do that's more energy efficient? Is there anything because the units are more technologically advanced. Can we go with one unit and a backup versus two primary units and two backups? So I completely understand, but I'm going through this because I do also want people to know that Luke is a really great provider and he is really trying to think of us in our situation.

Mariya Hurwitz:

I personally agree. I stopped by and met Luke over the weekend. And not saying not getting a second opinion isn't a good idea, but I do feel very confident in him as a... Trying to represent our best interests. Ro. Nope. You went on mute instead of going off of mute.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Sorry. So I just spoke just real quickly with Dave who's... He's an expert plumber, but he's in Putnam. So he doesn't do HVAC here in Connecticut. However, he'd be willing to come by and just do a quick second opinion. And he is a master plumber and an excellent problem solver and very familiar with a lot of different brands. And all the different companies in the area and has a lot of experience. So I would... I don't know if you want him to stop by. He said he could probably do something on Thursday just to stop by and take a look and give a second opinion. He is on the facilities committee, but he hasn't been able to attend because he has been so busy at work.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Thank you to Dave.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Yeah. It's not just because he is mine. He is excellent at what he does. He really is a master problem solver. So I would highly recommend him coming out just taking a second look because it he's not going to charge. He'll just he'll look and give you an opinion Jamie on what's [inaudible 01:15:26].

Barbara Ireland:

That's so nice.

Ro D'Ostilio:

Yeah.

Jamie Cantoni:

That's good. Yeah. That's very generous of him. Yeah. If he... Please feel free to give him my email or my cell phone number. My-

Ro D'Ostilio:

If you could call the office, I'll text you the number or send an email to you. If you could call them, they'll set it up for you.

Jamie Cantoni:

... Okay. Thank you.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Barb.

Barbara Ireland:

I know that Luke is very reliable and that it was like a sigh of relief when he came out and started helping us. I guess one of my basic questions is, is LG going to be what we want to go with period? Do we know that? Do we know that's the leader in the industry and that's who we want to go with?

Mariya Hurwitz:

I think Jamie has had some thoughts. Oh, go ahead, Jamie.

Jamie Cantoni:

Yeah. So I talked to Luke about that. And I said, I mean, what are all our options here? What if we decide to go with something else entirely? Or what if we decide we want to do something really energy efficient. Or what are all our options? And he said, "Well, you have to be careful because replacing the system outside and replacing everything overall are two very different costs and issues." And I would have to talk with him more about this. But he said that depending on what our choices are in changing a system, that might mean having to redo all the internal duct work and wiring and all sorts of stuff. And I don't know to what extent that would be. It was sort of, as soon as I heard that my brain started to overload a little bit like, okay, let's scale this problem back down rather than escalate it. And again, I think part of getting a second opinion would be, that would be part of it.

Irit Granger:

I think it'd be very interesting to know what Dave thought when he said [crosstalk 01:17:40].

Barbara Ireland:

I do too. I think that's an excellent opportunity for us.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Yeah. Lauren, are you raising your hand? No. Okay. So I think immediate next steps are, you're going to reach out to Dave. I think we have a compressor that... Because right now we have one compressor doing the work of two. He's sort of jury rig, did whatever. So we need the new board and that's going to be a couple thousand dollars. And we didn't budget for that. And I don't think we haven't... We don't have an invoice. We don't have anything like that. Our budgeting, financial policies allow Laura and I to approve that if and when that comes around. And you've all been informed so you know what's going on. But we'll have to have more conversations about this in the near future for sure. Are there any other questions on this topic for now. Jamie, I know this has been a ton of work and not expected. And so you've wrapped your head around it really well and really quickly. Oh Barb, you were going to say something.

Barbara Ireland:

I was going to say exactly what you're saying right now that I just I'm so grateful that Jamie is this efficient about all this stuff because it's a tough subject, very tough.

Jamie Cantoni:

Thank you.

Mariya Hurwitz:

Okay. All right. This is Mariya again. That was the end of our scheduled agenda we do. I would like to make a motion that we move into executive session to discuss trustee vacancies and strategy. So I'd like to make a motion, 6:55 PM to move into executive session.

Mariya Hurwitz:

All right, this is Mariah Hurwitz. The trustees have returned from executive session. It is 7:26 PM. We have nothing to vote on, so I would like to make a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:27 PM.

Dee Ratterree:

Second.

Dee Ratterree:

Third.

Dee Ratterree:

Fourth.

Mariya Hurwitz:

All right, nobody's opposed. So thank you everybody, the meeting is adjourned. Talk to y'all really soon.

Dee Ratterree:

Thank you.

Laura Jagodzinski:

Thanks.

Barb Ireland:

Bye.